Cactus is succulent plants. However, not all succulents are cacti. Confusing, isn’t it? As for their maintenance, it’s simple!
Place your plants near a south- or east-facing window. Ideally, bright sunlight in the morning and indirect sunlight in the afternoon.
- Summer (March to October)
- Water your plants no more than once a week! Discard any excess water that accumulates in the saucer.
- Allow the soil to dry before watering.
- Fertilize your cactus during its active growth period.
- Winter (November to February)
- Water only once a month!
- Place your plants in a cool, dry location (maximum 10°C). This will ensure that they flower again next season.
That’s it, with these gardening tips, maintaining your cactus will be easier.
Did you know that…
Cactus spines are modified leaves. They are used to collect dew water while repelling predators.
If your plants wither or bend, it’s because they need light!
In June, take your cacti outside for a few hours a day so they gradually acclimatize to the outdoors.